No carpet is absolutely stain proof. Some carpets have stain-resistant treatments that improve your ability to clean stains, but not prevent them. Similarly, carpets with soil-resistant treatments reduce the rate of soiling, but all carpets require regular care and maintenance.
The majority of stain complaints are actually soil related. For example, many sugar-based spills, such as soft drinks and coffee, leave a sugar residue after removal. This sticky residue readily attracts soil from ordinary shoe traffic, and leaves discoloration.
The same thing happens when spills are cleaned with a detergent solution and the area is not sufficiently rinsed with plain water, leaving a sticky detergent residue. It is important to rinse thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spill.
Aroma’z Mercer Carpet and Flooring can clean and deodorize your carpeting and recommends a regular program to ensure durability and to keep your carpet looking its best and smelling fresh. But the homeowner can also take several helpful steps:
- A good carpet pad not only gives better resilience and comfort underfoot, it can extend the life of your carpet, especially on stairs. Because some carpets carry warranties with specific density and thickness requirements, be sure and review your warranty before purchasing your pad. Explore varieties of carpet pad.
- Put walk-off mats outside every door leading into the home. This will serve as a barrier to soil and moisture, and trap excessive dirt, sand, grit, oil, asphalt, or driveway sealer that might otherwise be tracked into the home. Clean mats on a regular basis (or sooner, when they need it) so they don’t become sources of soil.
- Moving your furniture on occasion won’t just renew the feel of your room, it will also help avoid excessive pile crushing. Also consider using carpet protectors under the legs of tables, chairs, and other furniture to help distribute the weight. Damage can occur if you use chairs or appliances with rollers or casters without a chair pad designed specifically for carpet. When moving heavy wheeled furniture (pianos, buffets, etc.), prevent damage by placing a protective barrier of heavy cardboard or plywood between the wheels and the carpet.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds, shades, or awnings.
- Let Aroma’z Mercer Carpeting and Flooring help you keep your carpeting looking its best with our cleaning and maintenance services.
One call does it all! Call 609-838-2337609-838-2337 or 609-838-2338609-838-2338, to schedule your carpet cleaning or re-stretching today!