Tile is known for its water resistance and easy cleaning, and with the right care, you can make your tile floors last longer than expected. Keep your home looking its best with these care and maintenance tips for tile flooring. Always be sure to reference your tile floor warranty for specific care requirements first. However, if you don’t have that on hand, here are some basic tips to keep your home sparkling:
- Regularly sweep your floor to remove dirt and dust.
- Mop your floors at least once to twice a week. Heavy traffic areas will probably need to be mopped more regularly others.
- For glazed tile, clean regularly with an all-purpose, non-oil-based household cleaner that is neutral pH compatible with grout cleaning.
- For unglazed tile, use concentrated tile cleaners that have a neutral pH for regular cleaning. These will safely remove oils, grease and normal spills.
- Never use detergent that can dull the surface or promote mildew growth on your tile floors.
- Avoid cleaners that contain acids, ammonia or chlorines as these can damage and discolor the grout and tile.
- Never use cleaning aids like steel wool pads or scouring pads that contain metal to clean your tile flooring.
- Don’t use any cleaning products that contain color on unglazed tile floors.
- Invest in high-quality floor mats to protect your tile floors- especially in high-traffic areas such as entrances and exits.
If you have any flooring maintenance & care questions, our flooring professionals at Aroma’z Home Improvement will be more than happy to help! Give us a call today at (609) 838-2337 today.
If you’re in the New Jersey area and are looking for new flooring or are starting a home improvement/remodeling project, let Aroma’z Home answer your questions and even help you design your new look!