Hardwood Flooring Maintenance & Care Tips:
- Use a damp, soft cloth to gently blot spills and spots when they happen. For tough spots or stains (oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, tar) use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe with a damp cloth. Do not let liquids linger on your floor.
- Sweep and/or dust regularly to keep dirt and grit from accumulating and dulling the finish of the floor. You may vacuum by using the hard floor attachment (and not the beater bar).
- Occasionally wipe the floor with a damp mop or cloth.
- Use protective mats at entrances to the home. These collect the dirt, sand, grit, and other detritus that can damage your floor when tracked into the home on shoes. Avoid rubber- or foam-backed plastic mats – they can discolor the flooring.
- Protect your floor. Keep pets’ nails trimmed, as they can scratch the floor. Leave any sports shoes (cleats, spikes, golf shoes) outside and do not wear them on hardwood floors (this goes for stiletto heels as well).
- Protect the floor from furniture. Floor protectors under heavy furniture (sofas, pianos) will keep the floor from scuffing. When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it across the surface of the floor. Use a dolly, and first place a quarter- inch sheet of plywood or other protective sheeting. Moving furniture around will also keep the floor from aging unevenly. Exposure to sunlight may age the floor and change its look.
The look of your hardwood flooring will improve over years of use. Aroma’z Mercer Carpet and Flooring can help in the care and maintenance of your hardwood floor, keeping it bright and shiny and looking like new.
One call does it all! Call 609-838-2337609-838-2337 or 609-838-2338609-838-2338 for the finest in hardwood flooring, hardwood flooring installation and hardwood flooring care and maintenance in Central New Jersey!